domingo, 31 de marzo de 2019

Ethical Reflection on Ready Player One


After readying ready player one, we can discuss from two quotes. These quotes are the following:

Morrow wrote in his autobiography that he’d left GSS because ... he felt that the OASIS had evolved into something horrible. “It had become a self-imposed prison for humanity,” he wrote. “A pleasant place for the world to hide from its problems while human civilization slowly collapses, primarily due to neglect.” (p. 120)

(Halliday speaking) “I created the OASIS because I never felt at home in the real world. I didn’t know how to connect with people there. I was afraid, for all of my life. Right up until I knew it was ending. That was when I realized, as terrifying and painful as reality can be, it’s also the only place where you can find true happiness. Because reality is real.” (p. 364) (Ernest Cline)

After Reading these quotes written by Ernest Cline, I can say that in a certain way I agree with the author, but not at all. I believe that many people have a place where they can get disconnected from reality and this world and tele transport themselves into another world created by themselves, but you can´t disconnect yourself reality at all, you need to distinguish what is real and what it isn´t, you have to live your real life.

Oasis has a great potential as a scape for people that need to live their life in a different way, but it also is dangerous if people see it as their real world.
Another advantage of Oasis is the fact that I think people could learn cultural and personal values following rules from this world, they would learn it indirectly while they pass time in Oasis.

For me, using Oasis is the same as using IT technology and social networks and I think that Oasis makes it better, because here you can interact closer with people and require more concentration and effort for some activities.
I think that the real world is different in contrast to another idea of real world in books and movies I have read, I believe that in ready player one this idea is unique.

For me is a fact that we will having something familiar to Oasis for the year 2040 or 2050, technology is increasing on an exponential way.

I think that software architecture at this point can start creating a world similar to Oasis, maybe with some research and technology evolution we can have finally that world in our present

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario